A group of neighbors in Fayette County have formed a solar cooperative! There are currently 36 members in the co-op and we are going solar as a group to get a discount. The effort is being sponsored by the Fayette County Green Advisory Team and anyone in Fayette County is welcome to join the coop.
How does the Co-op work?
- Info sheet and sample finances for co-op
- Frequently Asked Questions
- WV SREC Info Sheet
- USDA REAP FAQ (for small businesses and farms)
- FAQs for WV Businesses going solar
Join the Co-op!
Sorry, but the deadline to join the co-op has passed. Over 30 Fayette County residents signed up before the deadline! We’re now assessing roofs and AAT, the installer the group selected, is visiting everyone’s homes to provide quotes.
Sign up for the WV SUN newsletter to learn of new co-ops as they launch in your area.
Not ready to go solar? Make your home more energy efficient instead!
- Appalachian Power’s Smart Lighting Program
- Offers discounts for efficient lighting purchased at participating retailers
- Offers mail in rebates, at various amounts, for EnergyStar certified appliances
- Appalachian Power’s HomeSmart Energy Assessment Program
- Offers a free energy audit of your home to identify where your best opportunities for energy savings are.
- Offers mail in rebates on upgrades to insulation and HVAC systems for homes that use all electric for power and heat
- Southern Appalachian Labor School’s Housing Rehabilitation (and Weatherization Program)